We all know that underarm odour can be embarrassing. Body odour is the last thing you want to be the cause of your embarrassment.
The good news is that there are a couple of things you can do to stop and prevent body odour. Using the right products, making some lifestyle changes, and changes to your diet, and you can learn how to remove the underarm odour permanently.
Yes, that is right, you can say goodbye to the odour causing embarrassment.
How to Remove Underarm Odor Permanently
Everything starts with making changes to your lifestyle. The same thing applies to underarm and body odour.
What are some of the changes you need to make? Here you go.
- – Make it a principle to shower at least once per day, no matter how tired or busy you are. A regular shower is the best way to ensure that your body is fresh and clean.
- – Hop in the shower in the morning if you wake up sweating after a hot night.
- – Use antibacterial soap and shampoo for great results.
- – Apply antiperspirants to your underarms to reduce sweating.
- – Wear natural fibre clothing, like clothes made of silk, wool, and cotton that will make it less likely to sweat because of the comfort of the materials.
- – Change and wash your clothes as often as you can, and try not to wear the same shirt for three consecutive days. Wash your clothes after you wear them, or at least try to clean them.
- – Take extra care with workout clothes, as they are moist and full of sweat, making it an ideal breeding ground for bacteria.
- – Try relaxation techniques that will help you calm your mind and reduce stress in your life.
Home Remedies for Reducing Sweat
This is the key for how to remove the underarm odour permanently. You cannot stop perspiration and sweat permanently, that is the body’s natural process.
But by using natural and home remedies you can kill off odour-causing bacteria and live an odour-free life. Here are some remedies to try.
Apple Cider Vinegar
Considered a wonder remedy, apple cider vinegar is a great alternative for a deodorant. Because of its anti-bacterial properties, apple cider vinegar will prevent the growth of bacteria.
Pour some vinegar in a bowl, mix with some water, and then dip a cotton ball in the mixture. Wipe your underarms to reduce the pH of the skin and remove armpit odour.
Baking soda is another effective remedy to cure underarm odour. All you have to do is mix one tablespoon of baking soda with a tablespoon of lemon juice.
Apply on the armpits, and let it rest for 15-20 minutes. Rinse with water to get rid of bacteria causing odour.
To get rid of the dirty smell in the armpit area, you can use hydrogen peroxide. Prepare an effective remedy by adding a teaspoon of hydrogen peroxide into a cup of water.
Stir well, and then use a washcloth to apply in the area for 15 minutes.
Thanks to the acidic properties, lemon can help you get rid of smell creating bacteria. Slice a lemon and rub it gently on our armpits.
An alternative way is to pour some lemon juice on a clean towel and rub it gently after a bath.
Grate one turnip, and then squeeze out the juice from the grated turnip. Apply the juice under your arms to reduce the odour for 10 hours. After that, you need another treatment.
There are two ways you can use rose water for underarm odour. The first one is to apply rose water directly under the arms to deodorize the affected area.
Alternatively, you can add a few drops of rosewater in the bathtub for long and lasting freshness.
The juice from radish can also help you with bacteria. Just extract the juice of two dozens of radish. Add some glycerin to the solution.
Mix well, fill it in a spray bottle, and store in the fridge. Shake well before use.
As mentioned in the beginning, if you want to know how to remove the underarm odour permanently, you need to make lifestyle and diet changes. Here are the diet changes that will help you smell fresh at all times.
- – Avoid foods that increase underarm odour like garlic, onions, fish, red meat, hot peppers, curry, spicy foods, alcohol, and caffeinated beverages.
- – Drink a lot of water to naturally cleanse your body and keep it smelling fresh and clean. You need between 8 and 10 glasses of water per day.
- – Eat foods that improve body odour including whole grains, fruits, and vegetables.
- – Chew on parsley after meals to help neutralize strong scents.
- – Consume foods that are high in chlorophyll, such as spinach and kale. These can neutralize the smells of foods that cause underarm odour.
- – Increase the consumption of magnesium and zinc through your diet.