I know, I know. Losing weight is a long-term lifestyle choice, not a short-term fix. You know I always favor the long-term solution, but the reality is that sometimes we all need a quick fix. For example, you have a big event coming up, like say, an anniversary, or a company cocktail dinner, or a movie premiere. You need a slim-fit dress, and you have recently gained a pound or two more. You want to look perfect, and you want your waistline to fit into the dress.
In moments like that, I know some people who opt for a completely unhealthy solution, like laxatives and diuretics, as a way to flush water and calories out of their body. So, I am asking you—what you think is better: a 3-day diet that is healthy and requires a little “starving,” or putting your body through a painful process of going to the bathroom every 30 or so minutes?
If I had to choose, I’d choose the former. But, this is your choice. All I can do is provide guidance and tips for you. And it is not like I am making something out of nothing. In fact, the 3-day diet is something that has been around for a while, but I haven’t paid attention to it. So, with that being said, let’s take a look at a quick diet plan that can help you shed few pounds—just enough to fit in your dress. Or suit.
From everything I’ve researched and read so far, there are no side effects from the 3-day diet. I was shocked; I expected some side effects due to the rapid change in lifestyle, but there is no such thing.
The 3-day diet is very specific, strict and requires you to be disciplined and stick to the diet plan. Your menu consists mostly of fruits, veggies, grains and protein.
Your calorie intake is limited to less than 1,000 calories per day. And as such, you should be careful not to put your body to extremes during those three days. For example, no exercise or working out. Simply put, you just can’t go through a workout with less than 1,000 calories.
The results are you will shed two or three pounds in three days. The results are achieved due to the rapid drop in calorie intake. Basically, you are eating just enough to survive for three days. Let’s go.
I am going day by day here, listing what you need to eat every day, starting from Day 1 to Day 3. Aside from the diet menu, you need to drink at least four cups of water each of the three days. Let’s go.
Day 1 (870-900 calories)
- Breakfast – Start the day with a cup of black coffee or tea, along with ½ grapefruit and one slice of toast with peanut butter. Black coffee or black tea contains a high dose of caffeine, a compound that will help you burn fat.
- Lunch – For your lunch, eat ½ cup of tuna, one slice of toast, and again, one cup of black coffee or tea and one cup of water.
- Dinner – Your dinner is 3oz of any lean meat combined with 1 cup of green beans, 1 cup of carrots, and 1 cup vanilla ice cream (you deserve a desert, after all). Some 30 minutes after dinner, have an apple and one cup of black tea.
Day 2 (1,100-1,200 calories)
Your “middle” day is almost a cheat day, as you get the most calories out of the three days.
- Breakfast – Start the day again with a cup of black coffee/tea, one egg, one banana and one slice toast.
- Lunch – For lunch, eat a cup of cottage cheese, 5 saltine crackers and a cup of tea/coffee.
- Dinner – Your dinner consists of two beef franks or two hot dogs, ½ cup of carrots, 1 cup of broccoli or cabbage, and a ½ cup of vanilla ice cream for dessert. Again, 30 minutes later, you can have a banana and a cup of coffee/tea.
Day 3 (850-900 calories)
- Breakfast – As usual, start the day with a cup of coffee/tea, along with 5 regular saltine crackers, one small apple and a slice of cheddar cheese.
- Lunch – Your lunch is 1 hardboiled egg, a slice of toast and a cup of coffee/tea.
- Dinner – For dinner, have a cup of tuna, a cup of carrots, a cup of cauliflower, a cup of melon, and ½ cup of vanilla ice cream.
I know that you will feel hungry during the 3-day diet. To prevent cravings for sweets and unhealthy food during the diet, I have few tips for you.
First and foremost, whenever you feel hungry, you can drink a cup of water to reduce your appetite.
Secondly, make sure to get enough sleep. Without eight hours of sleep, there is no way to survive a diet. Regular sleep balances your cravings for food, and without eight hours, you are sure to crave sweets, snacks and similar unhealthy choices.
And last, I recommend adding a spice or two to your lunch or breakfast. For example, cinnamon and ginger are two spices that help burn more calories, but also make you feel full for longer periods of time.
With that being said, I hope you’ll have success with the diet. Just make sure not to use it as a quick fix anytime you need to fit in your dress. While I approve of a fix once or twice, I’d recommend a more stable, and consistent, weight loss plan that promotes healthy lifestyle and works as a long-term solution.
READ THIS NEXT: 10 Steps Program to Detox Your Body from Sugar in 10 Days