I had been experiencing some sleep problems recently. I not only had trouble getting to sleep, but I also had problems sleeping through the night. I was waking up at 5 am, even though I had nowhere to go or anything to do until 8 or 9 am. My first reaction was to look for a sleeping pill that could help me fall asleep easily and get more from my REM sleep phase. But then a friend suggested something different— a sleep remedy.
My friend has been using this sleep remedy for years, and I must admit, it is much better than sleeping pills. If you have trouble sleeping as I did, this might help you. Remember, sleep deficiency harms your health, as your body is unable to function properly. There are tons of consequences and health issues that occur due to sleep deficiency. But enough about that— let’s take a look at the sleep remedy tea.
- 1 banana
- 1 pot of water
- Pinch of cinnamon
- Boil the water.
- Without peeling the banana, cut the ends and add them to the pot of boiling water. Let the banana boil for 5 to 10 minutes, and then turn off the heat.
- Pour the boiled banana water into a mug or cup, and sprinkle some cinnamon on top. Drink the tea one hour before you go to sleep. The potassium, magnesium and fiber from the banana will help your muscles relax and put you to sleep easily.
Symptoms of Sleep Issues
If you are not sure whether you are experiencing sleep problems or not, here are some signs that point to a sleeping disorder: depression, anxiety, memory loss, stressful relationships, feeling of exhaustion, feeling tired in the morning, waking up early, difficulty concentrating, and difficulty performing.
So why not take a sleeping pill?
As I said at the beginning, my initial reaction was to get some sleeping pills. I’m sure many of you think the same. But there are harmful side effects to them.
- Sleeping pills can lead to addiction (you’ll feel the need to take the pills to sleep better; without them, you’ll get back to your sleeping disorders)
- Muscle weakness
- Parasomnia, a sleep disorder manifesting by strange dreams
- Memory and concentration difficulties