In the modern world, one of the most common concerns for any man comes is ageing. Once we break the 5-0 barrier, it can be a wakeup call, especially if you haven’t taken good care of yourself so far in life! Even if you have, it can remind you that living healthy isn’t always easy. If you know this feeling, then it might be time to look into finding the best multivitamin for men over 50. Let’s take a look at why you should take vitamins, and what kinds are on offer!
So Then: What Are Multivitamins?
Right off the bat, multivitamins are tablets that contain vitamins and minerals in varying degrees. The exact vitamins and minerals that each one contains varies between brands, so it’s important to pick on e that’s right for you. The term often becomes a challenge to get your head around due to the sheer scale of options on the market. With multivitamins for just about any particular health condition out there, it can be confusing to know where to start. The issue is making sure that you buy the ones that best suit the problems that you face personally. If you are someone who feels sluggish and feel day-to-day aches, it’s time to change. The right blend of ingredients in a set of multivitamins can improve your general feelings of anxiety and improve physical stamina. However, it’s easy to buy multivitamins that don’t really do much for the body.
From how they are made to what they include (and at what dosages) it can be very hard to buy multivitamins you can trust. To help you make the right calls, we’ve put together a little collection for you to look into. If you are serious about taking more multivitamins and making life past 50 a little easier, consider the following information.
Why Taking Multivitamins Makes Sense
- One of the main reasons that you might wish to start taking multivitamin is the ability to help stave off illness. At 50+ you are naturally more susceptible to illness: issues with your prostate, your wrists and joints, your eyes and your general energy levels will become more likely. And of course, over 50, you might start losing your hair if you haven’t already! Multivitamins can make it much easier to overcome such an issue.
- If you feel tired all the time, it’s not just the hands of time telling you something. You see many older people – well past their 50s – maintaining healthy, active lives. Taking multivitamins can make you feel more like they do, vastly improving your general quality of life. Often feelings of lethargy are caused by issues like iron deficiency. Taking the right supplements can make overcoming that much easier for you.
- You can also find that your body lacks the right balance of acids. Since multivitamins help to change that up by giving you access to things like folic acid, it’s easy to improve red blood cell creation. This is going to help your circulation.
- You also need multivitamins for Vitamin D. After 50, Vitamin D intake is often rather poor. This can leave you feeling lethargic and drained. Add in the fact that you need more calcium and Vit D, and you can find multivitamins make a huge difference to your quality of life. Your bones are more brittle in older age, and this can help to correct that issue immediately.
For these reasons, then, you can hopefully see why investing in multivitamins makes such sense. So which is the best multivitamin for men over 50?
Picking The Best Multivitamin For Men Over 50
- If you’re looking for the most well-rounded multivitamin on the market, pick Centrum’s Silver Multivitamin Supplement, Men 50+. It supports heart and brain functions, and includes a range of B Vitamins as well as Vitamins A, C, D, E and Zinc. Their tablets are gluten free and Non-GMO, so if those are concerns of yours, then Centrum ticks those boxes for you. All told, they’re perhaps the most widely trusted multivitamin brand, so you can’t go wrong with Centrum. This one might be the best multivitamin for men over 50!
- If you’d prefer a more natural brand, you should opt for Nature’s Way: Alive! Men’s 50+. Their multivitamin doesn’t just contain 19 vitamins and minerals. Nature’s Way also use a proprietary blend of fruit and vegetable extracts made from oranges, carrots, blueberries and more. If their generic multivitamin isn’t for you, they also have a very wide range of different fruit- and vegetable-based extracts.
- Garden of Life’s Vitamin Code: 50 & Wiser Men is another great natural choice. They source their vitamins and minerals from raw whole foods, and even include live probiotics and enzymes in their tablets. To make sure they’re completely natural and healthy, they also don’t use any binders or fillers, or gluten, and they’re suitable for vegetarians. The fact that they include probiotics is fantastic, because they’re so useful for your overall health. It stops you from having to take other tablets or sourcing your probiotics from elsewhere to supplement your diet.
As ever, make sure that you read the dosage that you are expected to take from each collection. It’s pointless to try and take them whenever you please; following the rules is vital. If you do this, then you can enjoy a huge improvement to your general quality of life. Most are ‘one a day’ tablets, so you can only take them- you guessed it- once a day. This also extends to other tablets, so if you take one multivitamin, you also shouldn’t source excessive amounts of, say, Vitamin C from elsewhere. But if you pick one of the best multivitamin for men over 50, you won’t have to worry about sourcing vitamins and minerals anymore; and you’ll be living healthier too!