Khabib’s cousin made his second Octagon appearance in Brazil last night. The result was a rib shattering TKO in round one…
The UFC returned to Fortaleza, Brazil last night with a thoroughly exciting card on offer. UFC Fight Night 144 certainly delivered on all fronts with eight finishes from 13 fights.
The return of former featherweight king Jose Aldo went very well as he decimated Renato Moicano in the second round of the co-main event.
One lesser-known name in the UFC was also a familiar one, Said Nurmagomedov competed in his second UFC bout as he took on Ricardo Ramos at 135 pounds.
Said had won his first UFC bout at UFC Boise last July, but it was a close one. He had beaten Justin Scoggins narrowly on the judge’s scorecards.
Said Nurmagomedov Shattered Ramos In The First Round (Video Below)
Said Nurmagomedov faced no small task in Ricardo Ramos. He faced the Brazilian in his own back yard, and Ramos was coming off four straight victories, three in the UFC.
Nurmagomedov made short work of Ramos, and proved why he is worth being compared to elite strikers like Zabit Magomedshapirov.
Although his background is combat Sambo, Said Nurmagomedov pulled out some brutal striking techniques. We knew from his highlights that he could be quite creative, but this was something else.
Watch as Said Nurmagomedov brutally bludgeons Ramos with a spinning back kick to the body followed by punches. Credit: UFC on Twitter:
1st Round KO!
— UFC Europe (@UFCEurope) February 2, 2019
Said Nurmagomedov moves to 13-1 with the win, two of those being in the UFC bantamweight division. The sound of that kick was absolutely brutal.
The full results list of UFC Fight Night 144: Assuncao vs. Moraes 2 is courtesy of Forbes.com:
Event: UFC on ESPN+ 2: “Assuncao vs. Moraes 2”
Date: Sat., Feb. 2, 2019
Location: Northeast Olympic Training Center in Fortaleza, Brazil
Main Card Results
- Marlon Moraes def. Raphael Assuncao by first-round guillotine (rear-naked choke)
- Jose Aldo def. Renato Moicano by second-round TKO
- Demian Maia def. Lyman Good by first-round submission (rear-naked choke)
- Charles Oliveira def. David Teymur by second-round submission (anaconda choke)
- Johnny Walker def. Justin Ledet by first-round TKO (spinning backfist)
- Livia Renata Souza def. Sarah Frota by split decision (29-28×2, 28-29)
- Markus Perez def. Anthony Hernandez by second-round submission (anaconda choke)
- Mara Romero Borella def. Taila Santos by split decision (28-29, 29-28, 29-28)
- Thiago Alves def. Max Griffin by split decision (29-28, 28-29, 29-28)
- Jairzinho Rozenstruik def. Junior Albini by second-round TKO
- Geraldo de Freitas Jr. def. Felipe Colares by UD (30-27 x2, 30-26)
- Said Nurmagomedov def. Ricardo Ramos by first-round TKO
- Rogerio Bontorin def. Magomed Bibulatov by split decision (29-28 x2, 28-29)
Feature image source: UFC on Twitter