Where to put it
Mandala is versatile in so many ways. We talked about how there are different meanings and different designs you can try. But most importantly, the mandala fits almost anywhere on your body. That being said, there are several popular areas for getting a mandala ink. Here are some of the best. Keep in mind that a mandala tattoo has a geometric nature, making it best for a flatter section of the body. And they do not necessarily have to be big tattoos.
- The shoulder is great for a mandala tattoo, especially right on top of the shoulder. The tattoo is visible when you wear a sleeveless shirt or strapless dress.
- On the spine, in the middle of your back, is a perfect spot for a double mandala design. You can try some simplified designs and connect two mandala designs.
- The arm is another popular spot for mandala tattoos. When people opt for an arm mandala ink, they usually go for a colorful design. Another popular option for the arm is a teeny-tiny mandala tattoo. You don’t always have to get a big tattoo. Sometimes, a subtle and small tattoo gets the job done just as well.
- Mandala is also a popular design for matching tattoos. You can get one with your friends or your partner. For example, when you hold hands with your partner, your tattoo will become whole.
- The leg and calf are great for a mandala tattoo as well. As with the arm, people usually opt for a colorful (or watercolor) mandala tattoo on these spots.
- The area under the breasts has become a popular tattoo area in recent years, especially for women, which is where you can put your mandala ink.
- Last, but not least, the back of the neck is great as well. You probably remember that some 15-20 years ago, paws were popular on this spot. Nowadays, however, the mandala is a better, more popular option.